Sunday, October 18, 2009

31 Hours of Hell

"31 Hours of Hell" consisted of me (Gray Swartzel) going thirty-one hours without my beloved cell phone. Although the task originally sounded like a fairly small undertaking, it quickly became evident to me that I am much more attached to my phone than I initially thought. I did not put much thought into the limitations in communication that not having it would cause. I did not think to write down phone numbers prior to turning off my phone, so I had no means of contacting many of my friends and family members. Not having my phone caused me to rely on alternative forms of communication. Instead of being able to send a quick text to get together with someone, outings and meetings had to be planned in advance. Not having my phone served as a valuable experience because it helped me to realize the extent to which the average American is addicted to technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment